FIX: Nautilus hangs when delete large files or folders

Nautilus started to freeze a few days ago, I haven't really looked up to what was underneath until I had to clean up and archive my documents. After some digging around, it turned out Vineyard (a wine configuration tool) was the culprit. As it turned out, the author on the tool published this on a bug tracker and instructions on how to fix.

"As the author of Vineyard, I can confirm that one of the extensions installed caused this behaviour.
I'm of course sorry for the trouble and would like to point out that this is already fixed and that the next version won't have this issue."

For now a simple:

$ sudo rm /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/python/vineyard-configuration-selection.py

will do the trick.

1 comentarios:

Binny said...

Hi,

I am Binny Thomas representing ubuntumanual.org which showcases latest content related to Ubuntu and its numerous derivatives.

We are looking to expand and wish to include writers from all over the world, who are familiar with Ubuntu and have good English writing skills. We came across your website and was wondering whether you could work along with us.

We can pay a cool remuneration starting starting from 12$ per post plus other benefits once our relationship progresses.

If you are interested, please send me a mail at binny.thomaszyxware.com and I will fill you in on the rest of the details.