AT&T Global Network Client for Ubuntu (AGNC)

I use AT&T Global Network Client to connect to my office, also called MTS by big blue (IBM). On the AT&T website you can download the latest version, only that it is a rpm package. So I converted the rpm to deb to be able to install it on my distro with the default deb package manager.

  1. Download the installer: agnclient_1.0~2.0.0.3000-1.1_i386.deb
  2. You may need to install tcl as a dependency. In a aconsole type:
    # sudo apt-get install tcl8.4
  3. Proceed with the installation by double-clicking the downloaded file. deb package manager should pop-up and do the rest.
If you want to do it yourself there is a script that can convert the last rpm to deb for you: AT&T Client Debianizer

3 comentarios:

Unknown said...

This help me a lot, many thanks. I can continue to work on ubuntu from my home^_^

Magesh said...

Thanks very much. I looked all over for this.

Anonymous said...

Hi, im from argentina. I have installed at&t agn but, it is not connect. In window say connecting... but nothing more happening...
(sorry my english is too bad.) I need help please.
Spanish--> lo pude instalar sin problemas pero cuando se conecta pide los datos para iniciar sesion pero queda en la pantalla que dice conectand y nada mas pasa.. necesitaria ayuda por favor.
muchas gracias.